Word of Faith International Christian Center, Faithleaders and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("we" or "WOFICC") provide the information and services on its Internet/World Wide Web/Satellite site(s) (the "Site") and on its social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) (the "Social Media"), under the following terms and conditions listed herein, and as applicable to each. By accessing and/or using the Site and/or Social Media, you ("you" or "User") are indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Access to and use of the Site or Social Media is subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations. User agrees not to use the Site or Social Media in any way, which violates such laws or regulations.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The material featured on or through the Site, and if posted by WOFICC on the Social Media, is the property of WOFICC, and is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws unless otherwise indicated. Users may not copy, create derivative works, display, distribute, license, modify, publish, sell, transmit, or otherwise use any information available on or through the Site or Social Media for commercial purposes. Users may not use the logos, service marks and/or trademarks ("Marks") for any purpose without the written permission of WOFICC or such third party that may own the Marks.
- TAMPERING. User agrees not to add to, delete, modify, move or otherwise tamper with the information contained on the Site or Social Media. User also agrees not to decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or unlawfully use or reduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in the Site or Social Media.
- THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Although WOFICC monitors the information on the Site and Social Media, some of the information is supplied by independent third parties. WOFICC makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information. If User wants to reproduce material that is identified as being the copyright of a third party, User must obtain authorization to do so from the copyright holders concerned.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. As a convenience only, the Site and/or Social Media may contain links that will let you access other websites that are not under the control of WOFICC. WOFICC does not endorse any of these sites. WOFICC assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may be accessed on other websites reached through the Site or Social Media, nor does WOFICC make any representation regarding the privacy practices, content or service contained at any such site.
- LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. WOFICC prohibits unauthorized links to the Site or Social Media and reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. WOFICC has no responsibility or liability for any material on other websites that may contain links to the Site or Social Media.
- DISCLAIMER AS TO POSTED COMMENTS OR IMAGES. Posted comments and images on the Site or Social Media that are not created by WOFICC do not necessarily represent the views of WOFICC. External, non- WOFICC links on the Site or Social Media do not constitute official endorsement by WOFICC. While we encourage our community to share thoughts and opinions, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner. WOFICC may not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on the Site or Social Media. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments shared by our community.
- POSTINGS SUBJECT TO DELETION. A comment or posting on the Site or Social Media will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech;
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity;
- Nudity, including nudity in profile pictures;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product or service;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other forms of intellectual property;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile;
- Comments in support or opposition of any social, political or personal cause, including specific political candidates and/or ballot measures;
- Personally identifiable/sensitive personal information; and
- Other comments that WOFICC, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate.
All links posted as comments on WOFICC's Site or Social Media will be reviewed and may be deleted by WOFICC in its sole discretion. Repeated or egregious violations of WOFICC's guidelines may cause the author or user to be blocked from the Site or Social Media. We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to refrain from inappropriate comments, to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and to respond to comments politely.
- NO WARRANTIES. Information and documents provided on the Site and Social Media are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. WOFICC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site and Social Media; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. WOFICC periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on the Site and Social Media without notice. WOFICC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site and Social Media. Your use of the Site and Social Media is at your own risk. The information on the Site and Social Media is for the convenience of users.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WOFICC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO USER, INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA, EVEN IF WOFICC WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- PRIVACY. Protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our Site and Social Media is important to WOFICC. WOFICC reserves the right to gather information relating to such usage. Any information gathered is primarily for internal use to allow WOFICC to refine and improve WOFICC's customer service. Where disclosure of information to a third party is likely, WOFICC will, where possible, endeavor to ensure that this is clearly indicated. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA; RIGHT TO USE. User acknowledges and agrees that by providing WOFICC with any personal information through the Site or Social Media, User consents to the transmission of such personal user information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with WOFICC's standard business practices. In addition, if the user chooses to leave comments or post items on the Site or Social Media (e.g., in user forums), he or she is granting WOFICC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free right and license to edit, revise, post and re-post such items or comments, and to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute such items or comments in any format or type of media.
- ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site or Social Media is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. WOFICC respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect you to do the same. We do not allow users to post content that violates someone else's intellectual property rights.
If you believe that someone has copied your work, and that it constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with the written information specified below. This procedure is used exclusively for copyright infringement notification, and not for other alleged violations.
Information you should provide to our copyright agent includes the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Please send notice of alleged copyright infringement to WOFICC's copyright agent at the following address: Word of Faith International Christian Center, Attn: Legal Affairs, 20000 W. Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075.
● TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT POLICIES. As with copyrights, WOFICC respects the trademarks and service marks of others, and expects its users to do so as well. You should not use a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to brand or business affiliation.
If we receive a report of a trademark violation from a holder of a federal trademark registration, we will review the account and may take the following actions:
- When there is a clear intent to mislead others through the unauthorized use of a trademark, WOFICC will block the user's use of the WOFICC page and notify the user.
- When we determine that an account appears to be confusing users, but is not purposefully passing itself off as the trademarked good or service, we may give the user an opportunity to clear up any potential confusion. We may also block a user or username from using Social Media.
In order to investigate an alleged trademark violation, please provide us with the following information:
- The allegedly infringing username;
- Your name, title, address, phone number, fax number, email address, and company name;
- Your username;
- The relevant website(s) of the infringer and you, if applicable;
- Your trademarked word, symbol, logo, etc.;
- Your trademark registration number;
- Description of confusion; and
- Requested action.
Please send notice of alleged copyright infringement to WOFICC at the following address: Word of Faith International Christian Center, Attn: Legal Affairs, 20000 W. Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075.
● PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. While we respect your privacy, content on WOFICC's Social Media is in a public forum, and WOFICC cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information that users may post on the WOFICC page of the social media website host. To protect your or others' privacy, please do not disclose personally identifiable information or sensitive personal information about yourself or others (for example, social security number, driver's license number, date of birth, mother's maiden name, physical or mental health-related information). If you are looking for the official and most comprehensive source of information about WOFICC, please visit our official website at http://wordoffaith.cc.
- JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, USA, and applicable U.S. federal laws, without regard to conflicts of law principles. By using the Site and/or Social Media, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any and all disputes, claims, proceedings, lawsuits, or causes of action relating to or arising from the Site, Social Media, and these terms, conditions and privacy policies, shall be in the state or federal courts of Wayne County, Michigan, USA.
- DISCLAIMER. All information contained in the Site and/or Social Media is strictly for conducting the ministry purposes of the organization, and for purposes relating thereto. In no way is WOFICC connected with any secular entity that may have similar names, products, etc. Any similarities between products of WOFICC's and other entities are simply a coincidence.
- NOTICE REGARDING FILMING AND BROADCAST. Church services are filmed and broadcast via TV and the Internet, and photographs of church attendees may be displayed in printed publications or in electronic format such as on the Site or in Social Media.
- CHALLENGE GROUPS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND CONSENT (only applicable to users who have separately enrolled as a host of WOFICC's "Challenge Groups"):
Release and Waiver of LiabilityI understand that I am enrolling in the WOFICC Challenge Groups as a host. Knowing all of these things, I, in full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in group activities, do hereby waive, release and forever discharge WOFICC, its officers, agents, volunteers, employees and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, action or causes of action for costs, expenses or damages to personal property or personal injury, or death, which may result from my hosting WOFICC Challenge Groups, excluding such that arises from the gross negligence or willful, wanton acts of the same.
Sharing of InformationAs host, I agree to inform those within my group that if he or she chooses to post items on the Site or Social Media, or any other form of media, or leave comments (e.g., in user forums), he or she is granting WOFICC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free right and license to edit, revise, post and re-post such comments, and to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute such comments in any format or type of media. I will inform those that participate in my group that there is no expectation of confidentiality or privacy related to any posting, writing, verbal or other communications that he or she shares with or in WOFICC Challenge Groups. I will inform those in my group to not divulge, publish, or otherwise make known any information obtained in or shared with the group that he or she does not want shared with others.
I. Scope of this Policy.
II. Using Information from WOFICC.
WOFICC allows you to read and review certain images and materials (the "WOFICC information") on the WOFICC Media, e.g., to order various products online.
You agree to use the WOFICC information only for:
- your personal information, education and inspiration;
- using WOFICC's services;
- ordering products from WOFICC; and/or,
d. making online donations to WOFICC.
You agree that the WOFICC information is, and shall remain, solely the property of WOFICC, and that you obtain no rights or ownership in the WOFICC information other than the foregoing limited right of use. All text, HTML code, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, images, designs, logos, or other materials depicted on the WOFICC Media remain the sole property of WOFICC, and no right or ownership in such materials or property is conveyed to you whatsoever.
III. Collection of Personal Information.
You can browse the WOFICC Media without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you provide WOFICC with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous, and you thereby consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store personal information such as the following:
a. email addresses, physical addresses, contact information, personal likeness and/or avatar representation, and/or financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
b. transactional information based on your activities on our website, such as your product purchases, or content that relates to your account;
c. shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
d. correspondence sent to or from us, comments or postings made by you, or any information regarding disputed issues between us;
e. other information regarding your use of our website, services, content or advertising, such as computer and connection information, statistics on web page viewing, traffic to and from the WOFICC website, advertising data, IP addresses, and standard web log information;
f. additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating our website policies, such as your personal identification, prior billing, address verification, or to answer additional online questions to verify your identity;
g. information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and/or,
h. other supplemental information from third parties, such as conducting a credit check, as needed.
IV. No Spam.
You may not use the WOFICC Media to send spam or otherwise send unauthorized content. We may scan, filter and/or delete messages to check for or eradicate spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
V. Our Use of Your Personal Information.
The main reason we collect personal information is to efficiently provide customer service to you, and to customize the experience for you, as needed. You agree that we may use your personal information for purposes such as the following:
a. provide the goods, services, and customer support you request;
b. improve, customize, and assess our products, services, content, and advertising;
c. tell you about our services, conduct targeted marketing, provide service updates, or extend promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
d. prevent actual or potential prohibited, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
e. assess any problems, try to resolve disputes, and to collect fees; and/or,
f. compare and verify information for accuracy.
VI. Cookies: What are They, Why are they Used.
VII. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, which may require a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We may also share your personal information with one or more of the following:
a. Our subsidiary and/or satellite churches;
b. Service providers under contract who help with our business operations or provision of goods or services to you (such as bill collection, credit card payments, or fraud investigations).
c. Law enforcement or other governmental officials, with respect to a criminal investigation or investigation of other alleged illegal activity. We will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, or fraud complaints.
d. Other third parties to whom you ask us to send your information (or about whom you are notified and consent to when using a specific service).
e. Third party email marketing and social media providers in order to allow them to assist us in the provision of goods and/or services to, and/or interactively communicate with, you.
f. Other business entities we may acquire or with whom we may merge.
VIII. Marketing Issues.
We do not rent, sell or provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent. We may, however, combine your information with other information we obtain from different companies, in order to personalize and/or improve our products, services, advertising, or content.
IX. Information You Post, or Comments You Leave, on WOFICC Media.
Please be advised that if you post information or comments on or through the WOFICC Media, or you access the WOFICC Media from a shared computer, commercial location offering Internet connections (an "Internet café"), or other unsecure means, information about you such as your activity or User ID may be visible to other individuals. Therefore, please take prudent action to prevent the disclosure of your personal information as needed.
With respect to posting items on WOFICC Media, or with respect to leaving comments (e.g., in user forums), please be advised that WOFICC reserves the right to change its rules as to whether such posting may be anonymous or may be made only after logging in. WOFICC reserves the rights to delete any comments you may make, particularly if they constitute advertising, solicitations, or spam, if they are, e.g., inappropriate, irrelevant, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, offensive, pornographic, misleading, false, in violation of any civil or criminal law, or encourage others to violate any civil or criminal law, or if WOFICC believes in its sole discretion that such comments or posted items are improper, unfair or inappropriate.
If you choose to post items on WOFICC Media, or if you leave comments (e.g., in user forums), you retain ownership of any postings or comments that you make. WOFICC expressly disclaims any ownership in or liability from any such postings or comments that you choose to make. By posting items or leaving comments, you agree to indemnify and hold WOFICC harmless from any and all liability that may result from your postings or comments.
If you choose to post items on WOFICC Media, or if you leave comments (e.g., in user forums), you hereby grant WOFICC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free right and license to post your comments, and to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format or type of media.
X. Code of Conduct.
By accessing, using, or posting materials or comments on WOFICC Media, or by using WOFICC's services, you agree that you will not engage in any of the following activities:
A. Use the WOFICC Media for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this policy.
B. Use the WOFICC Media in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the WOFICC Media, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the WOFICC Media.
C. Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the WOFICC Media.
D. Impersonate or misrepresent in any way your affiliation with any other person or entity, including but not limited to WOFICC, or that your use of or posting of comments or materials on WOFICC Media is endorsed or approved by ACS.
E. Post, place, communicate, send, transmit, disseminate, distribute, forward, upload, reproduce, publish or republish, directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Post or Transmit") any information or content of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to data, articles, communications, advice, recommendations, reviews, opinions, news, programming, directories, guides, texts, graphics, photographs, illustrations, logos, audio clips, images, messages, statements, comments, language, software, programs, code, technology or any other content of any kind whatsoever in whatever form or medium (all referred to hereinafter collectively as "Content"), that is in any way (i) unlawful or violates or could violate any local, state or federal law, rule, regulation, order, or decree, or gives rise to civil or criminal liability, or which encourages or advocates any of the above, or (ii) that is offensive or violates the rights or sensibilities of other persons or entities, or (iii) is otherwise objectionable or unacceptable to WOFICC (all of the above hereinafter referred to as "Prohibited Content"), said Prohibited Content including but not limited to Content that is libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, false, misleading, threatening, harassing, abusive, harmful, malicious, rude, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, vulgar, indecent, crude, or objectionable in any way whatsoever;
F. Post or transmit any Content that impermissibly discloses personal or private information about or concerning, or in any way invades the privacy, publicity or proprietary rights of, any person including but not limited to a customer or user of WOFICC Media;
G. Post or transmit any Content that contains or may contain or result in the posting or transmitting of Content that contains or may contain any destructive, disruptive, corrupting, contaminating, or harmful quality, component or feature, including but not limited to any virus, worm, or Trojan Horse;
H. Post or transmit any content that violates or infringes upon, or may violate or infringe upon, the rights or interests of WOFICC, the WOFICC Media, or other customers or users of WOFICC Media, including but not limited to impermissible posting or transmitting of copyrighted or otherwise protected text, images, property, programs, trade secrets, confidential or proprietary information, intellectual property, or trademarks or service marks;
I. Post or transmit any solicitation, request, or petition for any vote, political action, chain letter, pyramid scheme or arrangement, investment opportunity, or sale of security;
J. Post or transmit content for purposes of advertising, promotional information, commercial solicitation, "spamming," "flooding," or content that contains advertising, or exploits any content for a commercial purpose, or sell or offer for sale, rent, lease, of any content for such commercial purpose;
K. Post or Transmit Content containing any request or opportunity to participate in contests, or sweepstakes.
XI. Protection of Your Account Information.
WOFICC may require the use of a password and/or user identity information in order to use the WOFICC Media or order products from WOFICC. If so, you should use unique numbers, letters and/or special characters to create a distinct user ID and password. You should not disclose that information to third parties. If you do disclose that information, please be advised that you, and you alone, are responsible for actions taken in your name or the name of your account. If you lose control of your user ID and password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password and notify WOFICC as needed.
XII. Access and Revision of Your Personal Information.
If you order products from or by WOFICC Media, you may be requested to create an account and provide certain personal information. You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to WOFICC and accessing your account. We typically will not modify your personal information since that is your responsibility, and it is difficult for us to verify your identity online. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the WOFICC Online Faith Groups management system allows privileged users to edit personal information of other accounts. It is your responsibility to update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, collect any fees owed to us, resolve disputes, investigate problems, prevent fraud, assist with any investigations, enforce our rights, and take other actions as permitted by law.
XIII. Security Issues.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat personal data as an asset to be protected. We use tools such as encryption, passwords, and user IDs in an attempt to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
XIV. Disclosure to Third Parties.
XV. General Issues.
Last updated: May 18, 2017